Model 3222 insulated pan ribbed steel doors have a variety of features to meet your design and performance requirements. This line of rugged, heavy-duty commercial garage doors is built to withstand a high volume operation. With our insulated ribbed steel commercial doors, you can count on high performance, everyday reliability, and long lasting durability.
- 2″ thick pan sections
- 20 gauge steel exterior/vinyl back
- Polystyrene Insulation – R-Value 8.0**
- Ribbed Panel Profile (2 horizontal ribs with alternating “v” grooves)
- Max standard size 24’2″ wide x 16′ high
- Stock RAL powder-coat option in 188 colors
- Various accessories and options available
**R-Values have been calculated in accordance with ASTM C518 standards
- Tracks are 2′ or 3′, as specified
- 12″ radius, 15″ radius
- Normal Headroom, Low Headroom, Vertical Lift, High Lift, Incline
- 20″ & 32″ radius (2″ track & up to 10′ high doors only)
Normal Headroom / Standard Lift View>>
Low Headroom: Front Mount View>>
Low Headroom: Rear Mount View>>
Vertical Lift View>>
High Lift View>>
- Bracket Mount (leg out), Clip Angle Track, Continuous Angle Track
Bracket Mount View>>
Clip Angle Track View>>
Continuous Angle Track View>>
- 2″ Tracks – up to 8′-0″ high = 17 gauge roll-formed galvanized steel
- 2″ Tracks – 8′-0″ 10′-0″ = 16 gauge
- 2″ Tracks – over 10′-0″ = 14 gauge
- 3″ Tracks – 12 gauge
Optional Lites / Windows
- 24″ x 6″, 24″ x 12″, or 34″x 16″ lites with 1″ insulated glass (Clear, Tempered or Tinted)
- Optional Aluminum Full View Frame to match size and panel layout of steel section
(Optional open for field glazing, 1/8″ DSB, 1/8″ polycarbonate, 1/8″ tempered glass, 1/4″ tempered glass, 1/2″ insulated glass or 1/2″ tempered insulated)
- Special glass options available. Contact factory for details.
24″ x 12″ (shown is 24″ section height)
24″ x 6″ (shown is 24″ section height)
34″ x 16″ (shown is 24″ section height)
Doors are available with a variety of Specialty Options for specific installation needs. Contact Factory for additional options.
Swing-Up Sectional Post A perfect answer for openings that are too large for a single overhead door that must accommodate large machinery or equipment on an infrequent basis. Operating on a single pivot point that is designed to swing left or right, it allows the use of one (1) smaller door for everyday requirements and the full opening when needed. See video.
Pass Doors Whether it’s for convenience or necessity, there are circumstances where a pass-through door is requested to provide ingress and egress in an overhead door enclosed opening without having to open the overhead door. C.H.I. can accommodate this need with a state-of-the-art design pass-door option. Available in our urethane core models 3216 and 3212, it’s the ideal choice to solve this need.
Header & Jamb Seals Seal the perimeter of the opening to provide additional air infiltration and thermal protection.
Wind can be unpredictable and destructive. This is why C.H.I. Windbreaker Series and iSeries doors are designed, tested, and built to the most rugged specifications. Wind chamber tested to ensure windload resistance, these extra-sturdy designs provide enhanced defense against the elements.
C.H.I. Overhead Doors developed the resilient Windbreaker Series garage doors to protect against high wind conditions. The super-resilient C.H.I. iSeries Impact Approved doors have strength designed to withstand direct collision of projectiles and other windborne debris at high speeds.
Additional Windload Information:
Navigating the complex windload codes and compliances can be a daunting task. C.H.I. sales associated and distributors are able to help you understand the specific codes governing your geographic area. For additional information, these websites offer a great deal of information.
Technical Data Sheets:
- TDS #168 – Wind Loads on Garage Doors – FAQ
- TDS #177 – Application of Kd Factor To Garage Door Wind Load Determination Using ASCE 7
- TDS #178 -Garage Door Wind Load Determination – Effective Wind Area
- TDS #180 – Wind Load Ratings for Non-Tested Garage Door and Rolling Door Sizes
- TDS #181 -General Code Inspection Guidelines For Wind Load Rated Garage Doors
SPECS / DRAWINGS
Standard Lift Doors
Low Headroom: Front Mount
Low Headroom: Rear Mount
High Lift Doors
Vertical Lift Doors
Reverse Angle Track: Leg In (Steel Jambs Shown)
Bracket Mounted Track Angle Mounted Track: Leg out (Wood Jambs Shown)