3240: Non-Insulated Ribbed Steel Doors
C.H.I.’s ribbed steel doors offer a traditional and time-tested design that will provide you years of reliable and worry-free use. When your project calls for a door that provides dependability and stands up under the rigors of daily use, choose from our line of non-insulated ribbed steel doors in a variety of gauges and product features.
Model 3240 pan ribbed steel doors have a variety of features to meet your design and performance requirements.
- 2″ thick pan sections
- 24 gauge steel exterior
- Ribbed Panel Profile (2 horizontal ribs with alternating “v” grooves)
- Max standard size 34’2″ wide x 20′ high
- White, Brown, Sandstone, Gray
- Stock RAL powder-coat option in 188 colors
- Various accessories and options available
**R-Values have been calculated in accordance with ASTM C518 standards
- Tracks are 2′ or 3′, as specified
- 12″ radius, 15″ radius
- Normal Headroom, Low Headroom, Vertical Lift, High Lift, Incline
- 20″ & 32″ radius (2″ track & up to 10′ high doors only)
Normal Headroom / Standard Lift View>>
Low Headroom: Front Mount View>>
Low Headroom: Rear Mount View>>
Vertical Lift View>>
High Lift View>>
- Bracket Mount (leg out), Clip Angle Track, Continuous Angle Track
Bracket Mount View>>
Clip Angle Track View>>
Continuous Angle Track View>>Reverse Angle Mount View>>Available for Clip Angle & Continuous Angle Track
- 2″ Tracks – up to 8′-0″ high = 17 gauge roll-formed galvanized steel
- 2″ Tracks – 8′-0″ 10′-0″ = 16 gauge
- 2″ Tracks – over 10′-0″ = 14 gauge
- 3″ Tracks – 12 gauge
Counterbalance System (Springs)
- Oil tempered torsion springs are mounted on a cross-header shaft supported by galvanized steel ball breaking end plates and center bracket(s)
- Springs are calculated for exact door weight, size and trajectory in accordance with ANSI 102 standards for a minimum of 10,000 cycles
NOTE: May be specified for higher cycles when available
- Counterbalance is transferred through galvanized aircraft quality cables secured to bottom of the door
Above, Torsion/Spring Assembly with Four Spring Layout, Standard Headroom
- Manual Operation
- Motor Operation: Trolley or Jackshaft
- Chain Hoist Operation
Optional Lites / Windows
- 24″ x 6″, 24″ x 12″, or 34″x 16″ lites with 1″ insulated glass (Clear, Tempered or Tinted)
- Optional Aluminum Full View Frame to match size and panel layout of steel section
(Optional open for field glazing, 1/8″ DSB, 1/8″ polycarbonate, 1/8″ tempered glass, 1/4″ tempered glass, 1/2″ insulated glass or 1/2″ tempered insulated)
- Special glass options available. Contact factory for details.
24″ x 12″ (shown is 24″ section height)
24″ x 6″ (shown is 24″ section height)
34″ x 16″ (shown is 24″ section height)Full View Aluminum Frame
Doors are available with a variety of Specialty Options for specific installation needs. Contact Factory for additional options.
Swing-Up Sectional PostA perfect answer for openings that are too large for a single overhead door that must accommodate large machinery or equipment on an infrequent basis. Operating on a single pivot point that is designed to swing left or right, it allows the use of one (1) smaller door for everyday requirements and the full opening when needed. See video.
Pass Doors Whether it’s for convenience or necessity, there are circumstances where a pass-through door is requested to provide ingress and egress in an overhead door enclosed opening without having to open the overhead door. C.H.I. can accommodate this need with a state-of-the-art design pass-door option. Available in our urethane core models 3216 and 3212, it’s the ideal choice to solve this need.
Header & Jamb Seals Seal the perimeter of the opening to provide additional air infiltration and thermal protection.
SPECS & DRAWINGS
Standard Lift Doors
Low Headroom: Front Mount
Low Headroom: Rear Mount
High Lift Doors
Vertical Lift Doors
Reverse Angle Track: Leg In (Steel Jambs Shown)
Bracket Mounted Track Angle Mounted Track: Leg out (Wood Jambs Shown)